You are missing our premiere tool bar navigation system! Register and use it for FREE!

Author: mungelPostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Drop Down Smilies in BBtoNuke forum?

The idea of the drop down box is that it will remain a certain width, to ensure the posting page does not distort.
The box will contain the image of the smilie, but it will be 1 smilie per line.

I am interested in the adjustment of the 'View more Emoticons' pop up.
If this could be resized to produce a tall thin box that appears tight to the left side of the screen, and containing the smilies displayed 1 per line, from top to bottom (with scroll), this would eliminate my need to produce a drop down box.

Is there a way I can change the layout of the current emoticons displayment on the posting page. As standard, they are displayed in a 4 wide by 5 high grid. What do I have to alter to make this display a 2 wide by 4 high grid instead??

A modified display and pop up box are probably a better solution to my issue. I will donate to anyone's site, if they can assist with this solution.

Regards,

mungel

Author: SteptoePostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Drop Down Smilies in BBtoNuke forum?

http://nukecops.com/postlite3150-smilies.html

If u can find a way donation box at our site u are welcome to make one, but dont bother looking lol....
Xyberian got it rolling he deserves any donations that maybe forthcoming

Nuke Cops -> Post-Install Help For Guests Only

All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001,2002 phpBB Group
NukeCops  
•  Home •  Downloads •  Gallery •  Your Account •  Forums • 

Author: XyberianLocation: Behind youPostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Interesting idea.

Author: mungelPostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Drop Down Smilies in BBtoNuke forum?

Very Happy

but not one that has been acted upon it would seem..... Crying or Very sad

I know nothing about coding/php or whatever, but it shouldn't be too hard to do, should it?

I have seen and tried a hack that puts the smilies in an iframe, but it wasn't quite right, and the drop down menu is still my best solution.

Come on you smart people, start hacking the code and help me out.

I will be forever greatful.... Laughing Laughing

Author: XyberianLocation: Behind youPostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject:

Yesterday, I experimented pop-down or fly-on drop down smilies' box. You don't have to think about php coding.

Author: mungelPostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Drop Down Smilies in BBtoNuke forum?

Confused

I would pay for a working drop down smilie selector.... Wink

You take paypal?

I am seriously bad at any type of work.
If you show me what to change in the .tpl files, I can do that....
... but thats about the extent of my knowledge.

Author: XyberianLocation: Behind youPostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject:

Go to my dev. site donate, if you want.
However, I don't work on this to get money (e.g., commercial purposes).

Author: SteptoePostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Drop Down Smilies in BBtoNuke forum?

Great concept.
Cuople questions
1/the smilie pic would be in it not the symbols
2/And if it is the pics would it not end up being a huge menu, would they fit?
Readme First
- Readme First! -

Read and follow the rules, otherwise your posts will be closed
Modules
· Home
· FAQ
· Buy a Theme
· Advertising
· AvantGo