Hello guys! I moved over my WoW guilds site (phpnuke powered) from one host to anohter a few days back, and now I ran into some problems. First, let me explain what I did to move it:
1) Export excisting database into a sql file using phpMyAdmin
2) Use wordpad to replace the site url (.com -> .org) and the table prefix (skwow_ -> rwacey_)
3) Import edited sql file using phpMyAdmin
4) Download all files from the old host
5) Upload the downloaded files and chmoding them properly
6) Editing the config.php file in the main directory
Here is what happes: the front page loads up perfectly fine, everything looking normal. However, when I try to go to anohter module it says that the module isn't enabled. Okey, I go to the admin panel but when I login it just redirects me back to the loading page (looks like it would just refresh it, no errors nothing). Same thing happens when I try to log in with my normal account.
Any clues? Are there more files which contain database information that need to be edited? I'm happy to provide more info if you need any.
Joined: Dec 29, 2005
Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:32 pm
A few things to check:
Double check your config.php file. Be sure you have the correct dB Host, name, & password.
Also, check you site URL in your admin preferences as well as you forums configuration panel.
Also, have you moved the domain to your new server location and has the domain resolved? If not, when you visit your domain, you may still be refering to the old server and database location.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum