You are missing our premiere tool bar navigation system! Register and use it for FREE!

NukeCops  
•  Home •  Downloads •  Gallery •  Your Account •  Forums • 
Readme First
- Readme First! -

Read and follow the rules, otherwise your posts will be closed
Modules
· Home
· FAQ
· Buy a Theme
· Advertising
· AvantGo
· Bookmarks
· Columbia
· Community
· Donations
· Downloads
· Feedback
· Forums
· PHP-Nuke HOWTO
· Private Messages
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Theme Gallery
· Top
· Topics
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 437 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Nuke Cops :: View topic - [Help nedeed] Blocks position - Pleaseeeee [ ]
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •   •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile •    •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topic  Reply to topicprinter-friendly view
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
darafat
Nuke Soldier
Nuke Soldier


Joined: Mar 26, 2008
Posts: 12


PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

in the home page doesnt appear for example the modules block, and it is active.
Appears only the central block where there is the "Welcome to PHP-Nuke" message. And in this page (the home page) must appear
On the left side: Modules, Who s on line, Languages
On the right side: Survey, Login

they are all active, but are not showed up. This has happended for all modules, but for example i ve added the "modules" block in the download module, and then it was showed properly.

The primary problem is that i cant add blocks to the home page, because the home page module is not showed in the block menager from the admin panel.

The secondary problem is that in some modules the blocks are not showed if i set the position on the center up, center down, and right, as i said above.

Thansk for your help again Wink

edit: Maybe i ve installed the menager module in a wrong way (i followed line for line the readme), or i don't know your tweaks.
Find all posts by darafatView user's profileSend private message
sandman229
Sergeant
Sergeant


Joined: Jul 28, 2003
Posts: 104

Location: Victorville, Ca.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

darafat wrote:
in the home page doesnt appear for example the modules block, and it is active.
Appears only the central block where there is the "Welcome to PHP-Nuke" message. And in this page (the home page) must appear
On the left side: Modules, Who s on line, Languages
On the right side: Survey, Login

they are all active, but are not showed up. This has happended for all modules, but for example i ve added the "modules" block in the download module, and then it was showed properly.

The primary problem is that i cant add blocks to the home page, because the home page module is not showed in the block menager from the admin panel.

The secondary problem is that in some modules the blocks are not showed if i set the position on the center up, center down, and right, as i said above.

Thansk for your help again Wink

edit: Maybe i ve installed the menager module in a wrong way (i followed line for line the readme), or i don't know your tweaks.



I think I had that problem when I first started also, but I can't remember what I had to do to fix the problem. There was something I had to change but its been so long that I can't remember what I did. Both of my web sites run this and both are 8.0 with no problems.. I'll let you know if and when I remember what I had to do. I'll have to check my files..

What is your home page?? It should be there. I'll have to check the instructions again and files to see what I had to change..

_________________
Sandman
Find all posts by sandman229View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
darafat
Nuke Soldier
Nuke Soldier


Joined: Mar 26, 2008
Posts: 12


PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

woooooooooow
thanks so much for your help!!!
i really appriciate that man.

THANKS Wink
Find all posts by darafatView user's profileSend private message
spottedhog
Captain
Captain


Joined: Apr 30, 2004
Posts: 561


PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you guys are comparing apples to oranges here...

darafat, from what I understood, you were wanting a block to display only in a specific module you created, correct? If this is true, then the advice I gave you is what may work best, without needing to change all the rest of the Nuke code.

...but, you can do as you wish....

_________________
SMF-Nuke admin

SMF and PHP Nuke integration is ready! Take a look at it by clicking on the link above.
Find all posts by spottedhogView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
sandman229
Sergeant
Sergeant


Joined: Jul 28, 2003
Posts: 104

Location: Victorville, Ca.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

spottedhog wrote:
I think you guys are comparing apples to oranges here...

darafat, from what I understood, you were wanting a block to display only in a specific module you created, correct? If this is true, then the advice I gave you is what may work best, without needing to change all the rest of the Nuke code.

...but, you can do as you wish....


Block manager doesn't change all the rest of the nuke code. You just changing where the blocks go and to which modules you want then.. You can have different blocks on every module you have.. instead of having the same block (left side) on every module you have..

_________________
Sandman
Find all posts by sandman229View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
spottedhog
Captain
Captain


Joined: Apr 30, 2004
Posts: 561


PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

when I said "changing all the Nuke code", I was referring to changing versions of Nuke, or to any tweaking not related to the specific module he was creating...

Why reinvent the wheel when he needed something for one module only?

... but ya 'all can do as you wish like I said

_________________
SMF-Nuke admin

SMF and PHP Nuke integration is ready! Take a look at it by clicking on the link above.
Find all posts by spottedhogView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
sandman229
Sergeant
Sergeant


Joined: Jul 28, 2003
Posts: 104

Location: Victorville, Ca.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

darafat wrote:
woooooooooow
thanks so much for your help!!!
i really appriciate that man.

THANKS Wink


I just installed it on a clean 8.0 and it worked just fine.
Try this and see if this works..


Quote:
//$sql = "SELECT bid, bkey, title, content, url, blockfile, view, expire, action, subscription FROM ".$prefix."_blocks WHERE bposition='$pos' AND active='1' $querylang ORDER BY weight ASC";
if (strlen($name) != 0) {
$name = str_replace(' ','_',$name);
$name = str_replace('%20','_',$name);

$sql = "SELECT b.bid, b.bkey, b.title, b.content, b.url, b.blockfile, b.view, b.expire, b.action, b.subscription FROM ".$prefix."_blocks b, ".$prefix."_blocks_manager m WHERE b.bid=m.bid AND m.title='$name' AND m.bposition='$pos' AND b.active='1' $querylang ORDER BY m.weight ASC";
} else {
$sql = "SELECT b.bid, b.bkey, b.title, b.content, b.url, b.blockfile, b.view, b.expire, b.action, b.subscription FROM ".$prefix."_blocks b, ".$prefix."_blocks_manager m WHERE b.bid=m.bid AND m.title='admin' AND m.bposition='$pos' AND b.active='1' $querylang ORDER BY m.weight ASC";
}

_________________
Sandman
Find all posts by sandman229View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topic  Reply to topicprinter-friendly view
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Ported by Nuke Cops © 2003 www.nukecops.com
:: FI Theme :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::
Powered by TOGETHER TEAM srl ITALY http://www.togetherteam.it - DONDELEO E-COMMERCE http://www.DonDeLeo.com - TUTTISU E-COMMERCE http://www.tuttisu.it
Web site engine's code is Copyright © 2002 by PHP-Nuke. All Rights Reserved. PHP-Nuke is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
Page Generation: 0.038 Seconds - 302 pages served in past 5 minutes. Nuke Cops Founded by Paul Laudanski (Zhen-Xjell)
:: FI Theme :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::