You are missing our premiere tool bar navigation system! Register and use it for FREE!

NukeCops  
•  Home •  Downloads •  Gallery •  Your Account •  Forums • 

Nuke Cops -> BBtoNuke Bug Reports

All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001,2002 phpBB Group
Readme First
- Readme First! -

Read and follow the rules, otherwise your posts will be closed
Modules
· Home
· FAQ
· Buy a Theme
· Advertising
· AvantGo
· Bookmarks
· Columbia
· Community
· Donations
· Downloads
· Feedback
· Forums
· PHP-Nuke HOWTO
· Private Messages
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Theme Gallery
· Topics
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 401 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Nuke Cops :: View topic - Moderators and usergroups don't always work. Moderators and usergroups don't always work.

Nuke Cops -> BBtoNuke Bug Reports

Author: NiksaLocation: Riverside, Iowa. PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Moderators and usergroups don't always work.

Using the boards that came with 6.5, I upgraded to nuke 6.8 but didn't make any other modifications to the board.

I can't figure out any sort of pattern to this problem. When I make someone a moderator, or if I make them a member of a usergroup that is a moderator of a certain private(hidden) forum, they get logged out after each post. I'm not sure if this affects all the moderators, either.

Then, a similar problem is that I am trying to make a forum that lets people from one usergroup read posts, vote and view the forum, but not post or edit, etc. I want another group to have all permissions. I set this up through advanced mode permissions for the usergroups, and it doesn't work. People who are not in either of those two usergroups should not be able to see that forum at all. But users from both groups have full access.. I'm not sure what's going on, or if this is a bug or just a set-up problem, so I will include screenshots of the permissions.

The usergroup that should have full access to the forum.

The usergroup that should only be able to read, view and vote

The forum's permissions

Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong? My other groups work fine, it's just this forum and the log-out problem that's being a pain. If anyone has any advice on the log-out problem, or the moderators/usergroups permissions, I would greatly appreciate the advice.. thank you for your time.